Friday, October 12, 2007

Right now it's the little things


Like the fact that I woke up this morning and the first thing I did, after brushing my teeth, was talk to Giovanna in French for a good 25 minutes. Score! That has to help make up for yesterday which was a miserable day of parler-ing in French.

The fact that I've received two packages in the mail over two days from peeps back home. Birthday prezzies! Don't worry, e'erybody, I will exercise enough will not to open them! I think. I might have to have Darija hide them.

The fact that I went to the local LGBT group meeting last night so I can start getting involved in my community! I was unimpressed with the meeting, unfortunately, because the first hour and a half of it (consequently, the only part of the meeting for which I stayed because I was so freaking bored) was a debate among the older crowd discussing elections and all of that. But I did get work on the gwoir so I hope to be singin' my guts out next Wednesday at 20h30! After my 3 hour conversation class! Hurrah! There are also anglophone meetings in the LGBT group for anyone who wants to talk in English - weehaw! And one in Spanish but I know that none of my Spanish-speaking amis want to come to Les Ils et Les Elles but... oh well... Even though the meeting was hellishly boring, there are tons of things to do with all these people and, although they're all hitched and there are no single people in sight, it's still a great way to meet people and feel comfortable in the city in which I live and all of that.

The fact that I've been getting fun, news-filled e-mails from back home. I know that right now I spend (a lot of/little too much/ton of) time on the computer but it's just so nice to be able to talk to everyone, despite the six hour time difference, and to have e-mail buddies and all of that.

Oh gross - I downloaded "Zephyr and I" by Suzanne Vega thinking that I like it but really I hate it and every time it comes on I want to vomit on my computer. Go away, SV, go away!

*click*

On to more little things...
The fact that I found a post office that is just down the street from where I live rather than a kilometer away.

The fact that today will be the day I eat gelato here in France for the first time. It's gotta happen.

The fact that I can hop on a train and get to Paris in 2.5 hours whenever I damn well please.
Awesome.

[edited at 5:30 in the morning on Saturday: the fact that I got to video chat with Heather AND gchat with Lisa simultaneously yesterday evening. That made me so happy!]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, Ems, we chatted a long time too!!!! But, alas, I could never hope to compare to Heather or Lisa!!! Glad you're getting lots of love.

Unknown said...

I love that picture. But it is certainly the closest I will come again to a dress!