Monday, March 24, 2008

just some thoughts

I have been listening to "The Mercy of the Fallen" by Dar Williams pretty much on repeat and it takes a ton of effort to get through that and "The Beauty of the Rain" without falling.

I've been on www.goodreads.com all morning obsessively going through every book I have ever read and every book I want to read. I'm desperately trying to be well-read and super cool like my sister, her friends, and everyone I know. Here's hoping!

I went on the Umich website to check out the book lists of old professors. And then it made me REALLY want to be back in college for a hot sec just so I can sit in history classes of Matthew Lassiter and soak up his genius and listen to Clay Howard as he GSI's a discussion of mine. Some fave classes of college?: History of American religion (it's why I became a history major), history of the vietnam war, history of europe in the era of total war, history of europe post-1945, history of the american family, history of the US post 1945, etc. etc.

Anyone want to go to Shaman Drum for me and get me allllll the books written by my old history professors? K, that'd be way cool.

Easter was yesterday and I'm just going to put it out there that, despite the delicious and very fun brunch I had with my friends, I missed going to church with my fam and having our enormous brunch post-service. I missed "Hail Thee Festival Day" and all the joy and the colors (um, even on Easter the French wear black and gray to church!) and everything. Oh well.

Am hoping to do a mini-trip to Aix-en-Provence soon. Will keep you posted...

No comments: