Friday, June 13, 2008

Mom and Dad up North, Bayeux and Normandy... or not


Hello!! Sorry it's taking me so long to update on the amazingness that was going up North with Mom and Dad. Life has gotten in the way. What has "life" consisted of? Well, you see, I got a haircut. And I saw the SATC movie. But, um, that was dubbed so it was all "VF" (version francaise) and so I didn't catch all of it. But I got most of it. And it was good. And last night there was a delicious dinner soiree at Celine's. And I have had to catch up on teh seasons of SATC before I could see the movie. And I had to teach. And on Wednesday I took a gorgeous walk to Villeneuve to check out a really old fort that's there (ok, who looks at a pile of rocks and says "Sweet. I'm going to move these rocks to the top of that hill there.") Avignon is getting more and more beautiful and so it's necessary to "profiter" and be outside as much as possible, whether that means walking to nearby towns or sitting at Red Sky, people watching, and pretend-flirting with the bartender (he's about 55 years old, very flirty with everyone and one time gave me medicine for my stomach which wasn't feeling too hot and he gave me a head massage. Rrrrrandom).

So there's been all of that.

Ooh! And on Wednesday night I went to a friend's house for a color and makeup consulting thing. Kinda like a tupperware party but not. Apparently I'm an "Autumn" who should wear "warm" colors and the white tank top I was wearing on Wednesday was "too white." So there's that. All year I've been annoying my friends (who are all very beautiful, of course) and asking them to "make me pretty" because I am verymuch lacking in the makeup department. On Wednesday I got a free consultation! On the left we have a picture of me with the pre-makeup, headband look.

And here I am getting my eyelashes curled. You cannot see the fear that was in my eyes but, believe me, it was there.






And the final look. Of course I cannot take a proper picture so I have to be all freaky looking. Apologies.






This post was meant to be an update on my parents' visit but I got distracted. I swear, I will get to that SOON. Embrace the day.

No comments: