Thursday, May 15, 2008

And on the sixth day, I ate snails.

Plural. More than one snail.

So I don't think I mentioned that last week Alice was here visiting! It was a grand time. Somehow, someway, the two of us manage to meet, literally, all over the world. Last summer it was D.C. when I was living in New York and this year it's been Cannes in January, when she first got here, then Paris, when I was visiting with the Yee, and then last week, Alice made it down to Avignon for some R&R and a LOT of lying around. On the bank. Of the river. Checking out Avignon.

This is what Avignon looks like from the island (you go sit on the island to check out the city in all its splendor. Minus Celine's head. Not that her head isn't splendid but... right):

ANYYYYYYWAY Alice and I did a lot of tanning and staring at Avignon and all of that. It was blissful. But after two days of that, the plan was to go to Aix-en-Provence because Friend Kylie sings nothing but its praises and hey, two days in Avignon? Ca suffit. So we bouged our way to Aix.

While in line at the TGV station, we met two New Yorkers. Of course I went off on my "Holy whoa, I'm moving to NYC in August!" spiel which turned into them telling us that they have no idea what to see in Aix which turned into me telling them that I can show them how to get around the city etc. which turned into them inviting us to lunch.

So at noon on Saturday, Alice and I sat down with two very nice people that we had just met at Les Deux Garcons and we ate snails. And oysters. And I had an enormous steak de thon with some peppers on the side. It was fantastic and random and bling bling and a lot of fun. Oh MAN the things that happen when you travel.

No comments: