Friday, May 30, 2008

Mom and Dad roadtrips, 1 and 2

But first things first:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!


Here we have my ridiculously good-looking parents in a town called Roussillon, which we visited yesterday. I love 'em.

So far we've had 2 roadtrip days! I don't know why, but the Rain Gods are making their presence known here in Provence and it has poured, off and on, since my parents got here. Where's the Provencal weather everyone raves about? We're expecting sun, blue skies, beautiful fields, windows down in the car, and smooth travels. Instead it's been, mostly, rain rain rain rain, grey skies, thunder, lightning, puddles, and nastiness. What the bleep.

But hey, that's ok! Because we're still "profiter-ing" and it's been wonderful. Yesterday we headed east to some little towns, at my suggestion. The itinerary? L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Fontaine de Vaucluse, Roussillon, and Gordes. Roussillon was new to me and it is as gorgeous as everyone says it is. Et voila. It's nice, eh? That's ochre... reminds us all of Colorado, I think. It is amazing to think that, down the road from where I live (ahemcitywithapalaceahem) there are these colors! My eyes exploded and it was all very nice.
Today we went to La Camargue! National park hollah! Flamingos, bulls, rice patties, oh my. So here are some pics:


Looks boring? Definitely not!


Ok so maybe I fell asleep a little. But that was ok because this was followed by flamingo-watching. Flamingos. In southern France?


Yes, flamingos. Flamingi?

And we took a nap at the Mediterranean. Oh man.

2 comments:

J said...

Those are all the places in Provence I went last July! Aren't they great??? I'm going again this July. :)

laviedemilie said...

Gotta say, this is probably the most beautiful place I've ever been to... making it hard to leave!