Saturday, May 10, 2008

May 10th

Hi, it's May 10th.

So what's the big deal about that?

Well, two days ago I realized that two months from now I will be landing in the United States. July 8th, 2008, I'll be stepping off a plane in LaGuardia. At 4:00 in the afternoon. With all my suitcases. With culture shock, a craving for bread, and a need to hit up Koronet's as soon as possible.

Time has been FLYING since the month began and, while there's nothing wrong with that, it is starting to scare me. There are three more Saturdays in May. Then June hits. Then BAM the festival here in Avignon starts and then I bounce out.

And then this blog will come to an end. "emilieausud" will no longer work and I'll be wrapping things up here. I hope I've managed to write well about my adventures and such here. The French bureaucracy, the educational system, the bread and cheese, the wine festivals. The traveling, the people I've met, the music I've heard, the strange phrases I've learned.

So what do I have lined up for the next few weeks?

Saturday, May 17th: nuit des musees: all the museums in Avignon will be free for one night!
May 28th-June 10th: my parents will be here!
week one: driving around Provence
week two: head up North, stay in Paris, do daytrips to cool places!
June 14th: Gay Pride in Lyon
June 21st: tour of the lavender fields!
June 28th: (here's hoping) Paris Gay Pride
June 6th: Avignon festival starts
June 8th: bye bye France

In the meantime, people will be leaving and that is just straight up weird. And sad.

But, people... I'm so excited to come home. I cannot wait to see everyone and my hometown. It's going to be good.

No comments: