Thursday, May 29, 2008

They're here!

Hullo.
My parents are here!

I'm so excited about it that I can't sleep! Ok, well, it's 6:00 am and it's pouring with rain and the wind is crazy and so I'm just up and (almost) ready for the day. The plan is to pick up the rental car and do a tour of Provence over the next few days but OY rain is expected for the next few days so... what are we going to do? Me? I'm just happy to get in a car and go places, I hope that's cool with M & D. They're staying chez Micaela and I'm still with la vieille dame. We'll meet up for breakfast and start our day and who knows what'll happen?

But the part where we were reunited? At the train station? I felt like Micaela and I were one minute late and I'd told Dad I was going to meet them on the platform at the train station so they would have nothing to worry about. I ran out of Micaela's car, I ran into the station, and I started running to the TV screens to watch for their arrival but I heard Mom's voice. I looked up, saw her and Dad at the top of the stairs, and bolted straight for them. Eighteen minutes later, our hugging was done and we were downstairs with Micaela, riding to Avignon.

Basically, I am so so happy right now.

(if you could all make a plea to the weathergods to make this rain go away, I would really appreciate it. I mean, teaching "It's raining, it's pouring" to the kids at school is fun, but I don't need an example at the moment!

No comments: