Sunday, January 13, 2008

What to do? What to do?

I'd like to give a huge shoutout to the Frenchie who left a used, full diaper smack-dab in the middle of the street on Saturday night. Merci!

Also, today I am so nervous about money that I could definitely throw up.

I don't have a plane ticket home to the States yet because hello? planning nine months in advance is a little too much for me and now every ticket home is around the 1000 dollar mark and I have a mini heart attack whenever I go onto Orbitz or Travelocity or kayak. Questions to consider: should I fly Paris to New York since that's the cheaper option and then stay in New York for a few days, say hi to my peeps, volunteer at God's Love, and then go home? Or should I pay 400 more to fly straight to Detroit? Or should I fly to New York for the cheaper price, get a Spirit Airlines flight to Detroit for the same day and not say hi to anyone or do anything cool in that city that I love? Also, how many days afte rmy contract expires should I bounce out of France? Also, are there any jobs anywhere that I can do? Also, why are my two pinky toenails split in two?

Clearly I want to get home to ma famille, mes amis, l'eglise and my life back in Michigan. CLEARLY. I am so homesick right now I could just... eat chocolate (In about 3 minutes I'm going to go eat a chocolate-covered madeleine... No, not you, Madeleine - its a baked good). But if flying to New York is the more economically-savvy option, then should I fly there? And if I'm in New York and I don't know when I'll be back in New York, shouldn't I stay there for a few days? I think I know enough people to have that fun thing known as Free Housing while I'm around town which would be great but, let's also be honest, I wont have a penny to spend inside the World's Most Expensive City. Ok, I'll walk everywhere. Brooklyn to Manhattan? No problem. Do I want to go to a bar? I'll... flirt my way in? Toss my way-too short hair back and get a drink? Umm... yeah. See, that all sounds fun.

So yeah, this Homesick Emily who Really Wants to See New York Again isn't so sure what to do.

More on that later! Chocolate time!

No comments: