Saturday, April 19, 2008

it was just a dinner but...

Hey dudes.
I know this is weird, but I have to devote a blog entry to the meal I ate last night because, uh, yes, it was fanTAStic!
So here goes.

This is the part where I tell you what I ate!
(ooh - we went to The Grand Cafe* here in Avignon which is attached to the Utopia theater and v. classy)


Entree:
ragout with artichokes
I was thinking: "artichokes? Really!?" And yes, really. I would like to say that my taste buds were DANCING to the artichokes in the tomato sauce.
Plat:
duck with a honey sauce and mashed potatoes.
Here's my review: the mashed potatoes were underwhelming but the duck HOLYCROW SO DELICIOUS. Who knew I'd like duck? Heck, who knew I'd EAT duck!? Yup. And now that I live here I'm all obssede (accent aigu) with honey so it all marches and it was deliciousness on a plate. Although there were a few times when I thought about feeding the ducks at the Potter Park Zoo but I let those thoughts pass and I enjoyed.
Dessert:
Apple crumble in a light cream sauce.
I know, I know. "light. cream. sauce?" Yup. It was creamy but light! I learned how to say "fluffy/easygoing" in German last week and I think it's "lookah." Or something. (EmTrav, help me out here). So that's how I would describe the cream sauce. Fluffy and easygoing.

SO GOOD. Ahhhhhhh my stomach is STILL celebrating


*warning: Mom, Dad, I might try to convince us to come here!!!!

No comments: