Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Some positives

Tonight Avignon was really beautiful. The smell of freshly fallen rain combined with the beauty of the darkened city with street lamps lighting the palace walls... reminded me of my first nights here. It sort of helped me fall in love with this city again and that was a nice feeling.

Today, one teacher in my school told me that I've improved a lot since I first got here. This was earth-shattering news to me and VERY welcome, indeed. She supported this fact by saying that the kids used not to like English but now they all bounce for joy whenever we have it which is a great thing. Their enthusiasm increases my enthusiasm which increases their enthusiasm and it's... a great cycle. So I feel really great about that.

In other news, it's April 1st. That means I have exactly three weeks and one week left here on this side of the ocean. Weirrrrrrd.

No comments: