Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Monday Monday

So Fenouil is closed until May 7th.

WHY oh WHY!?

Y'day was ridiculous. Called in sick in the morning so I could round out seventeen and a half hours curled up in the fetal position in my bed. Went in to work for the afternoon and then over to a co-worker's house to help her daughter with English. It was there that I ended up agreeing to help the other daughter with her English every Monday after school. Am I CRAZY!? On Mondays I'm usually dead by three p.m. Way to go, Emily. Oh well, I think this'll be cool - they have a GIANT t.v. ecran and, since I haven't seen real tv in like seven months, methinks they'll let me stick around to watch the news! In French!

Post-English lesson I returned chez moi to reunite and dine with Robyn and my colocatrice, Darija (omg Darija leaves in like two weeks. I tot cannot handle that). Robyn and I bounced to Red Sky to hear some open mike-ing and I ended up singing and getting the crowd all crazy like! I do believe that Celine and Katie and Emily and I will all be sharing a stage in the very near future singing everything from Jason Mraz to Lisa Loeb to Girlyman to Joshua Radin. Should be a VERY good time. Meanwhile, I had me some awkward moments with a French guy who fell in love with me one time but that's a whole other story.

Then we went to Melting Potes and it was like "oh hi, hello WORLD" because everyone plus their mom and their mom's mom was there. So many new anglophones. I forgot that Erasmus continues throughout the year even though last season's batch went home so now every week there are more people to meet. I also forget that on Mondays I should at least attempt a teeny bit to look good because I spent from 9 onwards meeting new people, bise-ing, singing/talking/etc and it is no good if I look like crud.

So yeah, Mondays are my busiest and most exhausting days and now they just got a lil' more hectic. Let's get this party started, y'all.

In other news, I just applied for the World's Most Random Job. Will keep you posted.
In other other news, only eleven more weeks of me being here, I do believe.

Things that make me happy: cinnamon and raisins in my cereal in the morning.
Being greeted by my little kids yesterday and jumpin' some rope with them.
Water

No comments: