Thursday, September 20, 2007

Back to life, back to reality

Only seven hours after exiting LaGuardia Airport, I was working at the Dodge, shredding paper. And I shredded paper for four hours. Some might find this boring, mindless, silly, or other such things. I, however, find it amazing because I actually got to earn money at the same rate I'm spending it! (that's what Chipotle and 2 Starbucks runs in a day will do to you). It's fabulous. I'm scheduled to work on Friday and Saturday and I'm ecstatic at the thought of doing other random office tasks to fill my life and my checkbook.

In other news, I reunited with all the Dodge people yesterday. One of the things that amazes me most about life is how I manage to make pretty dang good friends with my coworkers. Well, that's actually not too surprising because I usually spend the majority of my time working (at U of M it was, on average, 20-30 hours a week... this summer I was doing a total of 50 hours a week at two jobs). So anyway, at the Dodge I had an amazing time with Tanya, Kacy, Ricky, Nora, etc etc. And I was reuinted with them all last night. I do believe I kept a few people from working for a lil' longer than I should have but it was just so freaking good to see everyone again. Made me so happy. And now I have a few days to chill with them and that rocks.

AND my life is random. I saw Katie Tobin at Lion's Head last night! And Sarah from the summer! Pretty much everywhere I turn I know someone which is surprising and fun and occasionally awkward. Yay life.

Now I'm on my second cup of coffee, watching a creepy commercial on the TV, and biding my time till I leave for God's Love. Hecks yes. Reunions are great.

2 comments:

Rojas said...

i get named first! woot! i wish i didnt have to work so much while youre here, or else id spend every waking moment with you like i did before you left. im gonna miss you like whoa!

McGraw said...

Gee, your New York friends get their names in your blog, but I'm referred to in code. Should I be offended? or just grateful you think about me at all!!!