Thursday, September 27, 2007

random thoughts on life, 1st wk in France

In New York's SoHo Apple Store I saw a guy buy three iPhones.
Three iPhones.

And at Spring Awakening I saw a woman walk by pushing her cats in a stroller.
Her cats in a stroller.

I live "intra muros" in Avignon which means I live within the fortified walls of the city so I'm basically a queen. Holy crap. There's the walls and the turrets and the cobblestone streets. Let's go make a period drama starring Keira Knightly or something.

French karaoke is freaking hilarious:
They take themselves very very seriously. And they choose the saddest, cry your heart out songs. No "I wanna dance with somebody" or "Wannabe." Definitely stuff in the genre of "How Do I LIve Without You" but sadder and with voices less pretty than LeAnn Rimes. Imagine karaoke sung like an American Idol contest of the World's Saddest Songs.
Oh - and the DJ played "My Way" by Frank Sinatra THREE times. Count 'em - THREE times. What the bananas? They really like that song! Not only did he play it three times, but he played it twice in English and once iN French, with the time in French coming immediately after the first time in English! Oy vay!!

French beer: they put syrup in it. So it's kinda like an Italian Soda that you get overcharged for at Starbucks. But there's beer in it.

No comments: