Wednesday, September 19, 2007

In twelve and a half hours...

I should be landing in New York! LGA here I come!

In the meantime, I think I'll do some quality freaking out pre-departure. I've packed up my life into four bags (ok, one HUGE suitcase, a duffel, a backpack, and a side bag) and I'm ready to go. Bought a new watch, bought a luggage scale I'm not going to use because I know I'm over the limit and both Spirit and Air India are going to charge me extra for the extra weight, and I've bought two new black t-shirts because 1) i can't get enough of Target (I just recently discovered it!) and 2) black is always chic in France. And we all know I want to be chic. Oh - to continue the chic-ness, I got a hrrcut today. It's chopped off, very layered, and dyed some blonde. I hope it makes me look very European. Or just cool. But probably it just makes me look very gay. And where's the harm in that?

Today was a very weird day. It was a day of waiting. And procrastinating (didn't finish packing until... 10:30, I think!). I woke up hella early, was productive with the hair cutting thing and then I procrastinated and waited. Hung out with B and H (should I talk in 'code' on this thing? We'll see...) for a looooong time and procrastinated over Georgio's (ummm Mrs. Georgio told me to make sure to write them! The local pizza place wants a postcard from me! I'm famous! Or I just eat a lot of pizza). Then I went home and ran around the house packing, burning CDs and DVDs, being bummed with the lack of teaching materials I have, and going through every single document I have, double-checking content and number of copies. I am so cool.

Now I'm too nervous to sleep. I pretty much died when I said 'bye to Heather today because we've never been apart on our birthday (although heads up, Heath, your bday present from me is pretty cool!) and that's gonna be weird. And I'm not going to see my family on Thanksgiving and Christmas (Dad, take a picture of yourself in the Santa hat and Heather and Lisa, have fun with the stockings!) and I'm not gonna get to see my mom while she's on sabbatical and it's all so weird and sad and everything. But still! It's so exciting! Lisa's getting a new apartment in the city she loves (Chicago) and she's working at her new job and Heather's the smartest in all her classes at State and Mom and Dad are going to England soon and so everyone's happy and doing cool things. Now I just have to say 'bye. And I'm not good at those things (example: airport with my Dad before New York). I know tomorrow's going to kill me a lil' bit on the inside but everything is so amazing and exciting right now that I can't wait to hear from everyone and to blog my life away for them and all of that!

All right I'll admit that this wasn't the greatest post so now I'll just go take a huge breath and try to sleep. Check out my pics for pre-France chaos, packing, family 'n friends and joy!

And... scene.

No comments: